The application period for Gretna Community Foundation (“GCF”) Community Grant Program will begin on September 1st of each year with a deadline of November 15th.
1. All applications must be postmarked or emailed by November 15th or they will not be eligible.
2. Only nonprofit organizations with a 501(c)(3) status are eligible to receive GCF grant funding.
3. No hand delivered applications will be accepted.
4. Nonprofit organizations can submit grant requests of up to $5,000 for consideration.
5. Organizations can only submit one application per grant cycle. Organizations must submit a new application for each grant cycle.
6. All applications must be typed or printed from an electronic application. No handwritten applications will be considered.
7. All questions on the application form must be answered. Supporting documents are required.
8. The grant recipient will be required to sign a grant agreement and provide a detailed report to the GCF on how the funds were expended, including applicable receipts. The recipient must agree to arrange appropriate publicity regarding the receipt of grant funding from the GCF.
9. Misuse of funds will result in a recall of the grant and ineligibility for future grant support.
2020 Community Grants Winners
Gretna Band Parents for mutes for band instruments
Gretna Friends of the Library summer reading program
Dragon Football Booster Club protective helmet covers for football players
2019 Community Grants Winners
Merrymakers grant to fund musical performances at Gretna senior communities
Gretna Friends of the Library to fund the summer reading program
Gretna Days Community Improvement Fund to construct a park shelter and tables in Peterson Park
Matt’s Music Memorial to repair donated musical instruments
Little Giants Foundation to raise awareness for those diagnosed with rare forms of Dwarfism